Music Video Project

The song we chose for our music video was "I be Flossin'" by Backpack kid. The theme we wanted to portray was our society and how one simple thing can become viral in an instant. Our process was to figure out what scenes we could do and how we could do them. Connor was able to do a very in-depth storyboard over our video. Unfortunately our group was not able to figure out a time where we could all do it an a setting to where we could film over half our scenes. We were able to get most of the outside scenes we needed, but those we not enough. The main problem was that if the group had a time we were able to film, someone would pull last minute and I told my group I would be gone over conferences weekend, so they planned some of it out, checked out equipment, waited to the last minute and the main actor canceled last minute.

My role in this project was to be the director. The type of camera we mainly used was the DSLR and a tripod. The parts I would do differently would be to get group members who were motivated to get a good project, get actors who weren't busy almost everyday we tried to film, communicate more about location, roles, and scenes we needed, and lay down specific days to film and edit. These are the parts I would change because these parts are essential to the project and unfortunately are group lacked those aspects. There aren't many parts I would do the same because the project overall didn't have many parts I enjoyed. The experiences I can draw for coming projects are to not procrastinate and get group members who are dedicated.

Comments

Popular Posts