High School Movie Trailer

High School Movie Trailer

Our assignment was to recreate a high school movie trailer with people we know and the technology we were provided, and the movie our group choose was Sky High. Our pre-production was to do the storyboard of the scenes we could do and get a couple of actors. Two-thirds of the way through the project, our group came to the conclusion that we were not going to be able to get a majority of the scenes, so Andrew McCubbins came up with the idea that we would show a video of all the effects that he had worked on that were incorporated in to the movie because the movie had a lot of special effects. Andrew was able to stay after school and edit all of it. Drew did the graphics cards. Ethan and Malik both looked up special effects. For me, I was Andrew's assistant/co-director, so I helped him with whatever he needed when I could and we planned stuff out as well. The final creation wasn't what we planned, but it worked and people liked it.
What I learned along the way was that it is always best to look in the big picture of projects to see if certain goals and or parts of a project are do-able, and also to make sure every person in a group project has a role. I also learned that technology is not always cooperative and making and editing a project takes a while. What I would do differently next time is to make sure my group is on the same page and to set deadlines for when things need to be done. What I would do the same would be choosing the movie and having the same group members because our group had people that wanted to get stuff accomplished, which I can't say the same for my last project. The experiences I will enhance for the next project would be to make sure there are parts of a film that are able to be done and to make sure my group is on the same page and that everyone wants to get goals for the project completed.

Comments

Popular Posts