Short Film/Final Reflection



High School Movie Trailer
This project was where we were supposed to recreate a movie trailer that was mainly shot in a high school setting/environment. It took approximately a month and a week or two, although we did it differently. Instead of getting all the footage, we made some scenes specially based on special effects since the trailer for Sky High was mainly based on that. The main challenge was not being able to do most scenes since they weren't vesible. I learned that it is always best to see if a project is able to be completed instead of jumping right in. My opinion is that it went really well for what we were able to do.

Short Film


This project was based on Olivia Garza/Maicy Standen's Script for Happy Camper. It took from April to end of the year to finish. Some challenges were not having or actors at certain points when we needed them and not having everyones' schedules line up for our needs. I learned that for films you need to have people you can depend instead of people who cancel last minute. My opinion is that it went better than expected.

Class Time
I have used my class time pretty well and I get my tasks done when they are due. I stayed productive when I was done with my tasks by revising them and looking at other things in classroom. What I did outside of school was finish any video assignments I had to do and talk to classmates about upcoming projects.

Areas of Strength & Improvement
My areas of strength in video are editing projects and getting people together for projects when no one else wants to. The areas I need to work on are collaboration to groups and finding dependable people outside of e-Comm for projects.

Short Film Experience
My role for the short film was co-director and storyboarder. Our genre was generally horror for the most part. I learned that everyone for the project has to be on the same page so that the project goes according to plan and that you need dependable/reliable people. My skills evolved overtime throughout the year and eventually into this project based on past mistakes and experiences.

Summary on the Semester
The one thing I liked about the semester was being able to do essentially pick our groups for the short film. The one thing I would change would be not picking the same group for the music video project. My overall takeaway would be that I learned a lot more mistakes this semester that will help change me for next year. My one goal for next year would be to do my assignments to the best of my ability and make them even better.
Final Thoughts
My final thought is that I enjoyed first semester more because of the fact that the convergence side of e-Comm is more enjoyable for me than the entertainment side, which was 2nd semester.

Comments

Popular Posts